ACTIVE TS SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
BigBear, Inc. is a leading provider of big data computing and analytic solutions. We help people make sense of their data using our cloud-based platform and big data processing algorithms. Each day, we crunch massive volumes of structured and unstructured data, into usable and actionable information for our customers.
We currently have an immediate position for a talented and passionate Software Engineer to build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be responsible for server side application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You will collaborate directly with customers to ensure our products meet and exceed operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a Top Secret security clearance and be clearable to SCI level.
- 5+ years experience with hands-on experience in Java Programming Language.
- 5+ years experience developing applications on the JavaFX platform.
- Object Oriented programming and design skills are required.
- Experience working Java frameworks such as Spring Framework.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming.
- Experience developing multi threaded applications a plus.
- Working experience with Postgres/PostGIS, or Oracle database a plus.
- Hands on experience with OpenStreetMap, OGC, or other GIS a plus.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Collaborate with Project Manager and engineering to implement innovative solutions.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code and unit tests.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Perform demonstrations and briefings to customers to ensure program success.
- Perform technical support for products at customer sites.
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high performance tuning.
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation.
- Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement.
- Domestic travel as needed.
If you are interested in this immediate opportunity, please submit your professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BigBear is an Equal Opportunity Employer